With so many online casinos to choose from, it’s not surprising that there is a bad online casino or two in the mix.
There are some that can be run fraudulently or even those that are set up with the intention of stealing personal details. However, if you’re savvy enough then these bad online casinos should be easy to spot and you will be able to enjoy gaming with confidence.
So how can you determine if an online casino is good and legitimate?
Bear in mind that every online casino that is legitimate will ask you to prove your age/ID at any given point in order to verify and complete the sign-up procedure. Golden Riviera Online Casino is very strict with this particular point. This will mean faxing or scanning a copy of your identification and proof of address.
There are a number of elements that you can use to spot a legitimate online casino. They include the following;
- A recognisable brand name. This generally refers to the online casinos that rank high on search engines like Google and are well-established within the gambling media. A well-known brand name is much more likely to be trustworthy than an unknown brand.
- Ensure you know where the casino is licensed, try to investigate this. Most legitimate casinos usually display this information at the foot of the casino’s homepage. Ideally, you should look for licensing jurisdictions such as Malta, Gibraltar, the Isle of Man, Alderney, Kahnawake, and the UK Gambling Commission.
General expectations from a legitimate online casino
There are some elements that every player should expect from an online casino, including:
- A secure and safe environment.
- A mechanism that allows you to both withdraw and deposit in a safe manner when you wish.
- The latest and fair games.
- Welcome Bonuses
- Customer support, this is usually a 24/7 helpline
- Ensure that the casino is regulated by the renowned gaming governing bodies. Majority of online casinos are regulated by eCOGRA