Blackjack strategies are provided to both online and traditional game players. The strategies are here to help players beat the dealer and stand a chance to better their odds. These strategies help Australian players with their gameplay. So, read our blackjack strategies guide to help you win when playing the game.
Basic Blackjack Strategy
The foundation of blackjack strategies is all about knowing which cards will give you the best chances of winning. Therefore, it is important to know the strategy cards as they simplify the game. The strategy cards are like a cheat sheet for online players, and it is easier for players to use it online.
Strategy Cards in Online Blackjack
The best card to start with is the basic strategy card. Players can apply this to any blackjack game to decrease the house edge to as low as 0.50% or 0.75% depending on the rules of the table you’re playing.
When it comes to blackjack strategies, there are a few factors to know that can change the odds of the player winning. These are:
- Players should know the amount of decks that are used.
- It is important to know if the dealer will stand or hit when they have a soft 17. A soft 17 is a hand that includes an ace.
- Know what the limits are for a player to split or double.
- Know when you are allowed to surrender.
- When a player draws a certain number of cards, will they get a bonus or automatically win.
- How much a player will receive for winning a game session.
- If the dealer “peeks” to look for a blackjack.
The best house advantage offered at online blackjack is 0.5% or a little less. However, the odds of blackjack may change this as long as the player follows a certain rule set. Some rules add to the player’s returns, known as liberal rules. The liberal rules are:
- Online blackjack pays out 2 to 1 or 3 to 2.
- It uses up to six decks.
- There are no limits on doubling.
- There is no limit on splitting hands.
- Players are allowed to re-split an ace.
- Players are allowed to draw to split aces.
- Gamblers can surrender early and late.
Single-Deck Blackjack Strategies
When playing with a single-deck, players will have a 1% advantage over the house. However, casinos often arrange their combination of payouts and rules to maintain an advantage over players. There are a few rules that tweak the returns of the casino. These rules are:
- Single-deck blackjack pays out money or 7 to 5 or 6 to 5.
- The dealer will always hit when they have a soft 17.
- Players are only allowed to double on certain numbers.
- Players are allowed to split two or three hands.
- You cannot double after splitting.
- Seven or more decks are used in single-deck blackjack.
- In the event of a push, the house will win.
Blackjack Strategies to Split
In a game of 21, when the dealer deals a pair, players have the choice to split their cards or make an additional bet. Splitting will allow a player to make another hand against the dealers one hand.
Blackjack Strategies to Double Down
Double down is another advanced blackjack strategy. Double down gives a player the opportunity to double their bets. To double down, gamblers are required to make an additional wager, but will only be dealt one extra card. If the first two cards in your hand totals eleven, you are advised to double your bet. If the next card dealt totals to 21, the player is likely to win.