Both classic and Online Roulette have grown in leaps and bounds over the years in popularity. As one of the oldest table games around, it is only natural that many varied versions have emerged over the years however, the strongest variations are; American and European Roulette. Therefore, to know the basics of Roulette, you first need to understand the basic differences between the two most common versions. We over at Casino Aus want to make sure you know the difference, read on to learn more!
American vs. European Roulette
The age old question between the two strongest types of western civilization has now made its way to the tables of Land-Based as well as Online Casinos; American or European? American and European Roulette do not differ as drastically as die hard veteran players would like to make out. There is actually only one key difference; an extra number.
Yes, the American wheel has an additional green number; 00. Whereas the European wheel is comprised of numbers zero to thirty six, the American counterpart also goes up to thirty six, however; there is an additional predecessor number in the form of the 00 slot. This means that there is now an additional digit which comes into play making your selection thirty eight wide, ultimately giving more advantage to the house. It has been shown that on a global scale that European Roulette is favoured for winning a larger sum of money.
Online Australian Casinos That Offer Roulette
+ 100 FREE SPINS
|$500 FREE BONUS + FREE SPINS WORTH 250 CREDITS||$1200 BONUS|
|Play Now||Play Now|
Online Roulette: How to Play the Game
There are two kinds of bets which you can make in roulette; inside bets – which generally have higher paying odds – or outside bets. Inside bets are bets made on specific numbers whereas outside bets are wagered on red, black, odds, evens, column, high or low. To play properly, you will need to understand the different types of inside bets which you will be able to make. They are as follows:
- Straight Up which is a bet placed on one number with a payout of 35 to 1
- Split Betting which is placed on two numbers with a payout of 17 to 1
- Street Betting which is made on three numbers with a payout of 11 to 1; street betting can be played with just one chip, but it must be placed on the end of any street (the row of three numbers) on the table map when wagering
- Corner Betting is played on four numbers with a payout of 8 to 1; this can also be played with one chip by placing the chip on the intersection of your four numbers of choice
- Six Line Betting on six numbers pays 5 to 1. To play this, place your chip on the edge of two adjoining streets
- Furthermore, for American Roulette players, you will be able to play the Five-number Bet which will cover ‘0, 00, 1, 2, 3’ with a payout of 6 to 1. There is also the Row 00 bet which covers 0 as well as 00 with a handsome payout of 17 to 1
In the same right, if you choose to play the outside ring you will need to know which betting options await you:
- Colour Betting (reds or blacks) will bring out a payout of 1 to 1
- Even Betting brings a payout of 1 to 1
- Odds Betting also yields a 1 to 1 payout
- Column Betting on twelve numbers in a column pays 2 to 1
- Dozen Betting (i.e. A bet placed on the first twelve numbers) pays 2 to 1
- High or Low Bets pay 1 to 1
Those are the basics which you will need to understand when embarking on the game of Online Roulette. It is good to know that with certain Online Casinos, you will also be given to opportunity to play at Live Dealer Casinos. This means there is a live dealer who will be running the game as opposed to a generated computer dealer.
With all this knowledge, you now have no excuse not to go forth and spin the wheels of fortune within the world on Online Roulette!