There is no bluffing in Pai Gow Poker so there is not a lot a player can do in terms of strategy. That being said, it does not mean that you must sit there and wait for the house to take your money. Quite contrary, there are strategies based on the game play that can be used to reduce the house edge. This is not your usual game of poker, in this game good mathematical skills will help you walk away richer. Read on to pick up a few Pai Gow Poker Tips here!
Know How to Play Pai Gow Poker With These Pai Gow Poker Tips
- The most important thing is to know the rules. This is the number one tip for this game and all other casino games. If you do not know the rules how can you possibly hope to win? Take time to go through the rules of Pai Gow Poker. When you know the rules you can use that knowledge to avoid unnecessary losses.
- Understand the ratings of different poker hands. This will be essential in building Poker hands that will win. You will need to master the art of strategically splitting your cards into two hands. If you do this successfully you increase your odds of beating the house. A good way to improve your hand building skills is to play practice rounds in free mode before playing for real money.
- You will need to learn how to create well balanced hands if you are to win. Do not concentrate on building only one hand. Both the back and front hands have to be good in order to successfully challenge for a win.
- When you get two sets of pairs in you seven card hand, you will need to break them in a way to reduce the house edge. Each player will have a different way of doing this that is well suited to their style of play. I will emphasize again on the need to fully understand the value of different poker hands. This will ultimately be the deciding factor on whether you are winner or a loser.
- If you get three sets of pairs then you will need to play the highest ranking pair the front hand. However you only do this when your back hand is also strong. Should your back hand be poor, then put the high ranking pair in your back hand and place the highest value cards in your front hand. This is a standard strategy and when used well should yield good results.
- Only play a full house in your back hand when you can create a strong front hand. Pai Gow poker is different from other variants of Poker that are available. A full house usually does not win the game for you; rather it can lead to you losing your front hand bet. Always keep this in mind when playing.
- Do not pass up the opportunity to play as the Banker when you can afford it. The banker has the best odds to win on the table. This however requires you to have a big bankroll as you will need to cover the bets of everyone else on the table. Find a casino that allows you to share the banker position in order to reduce the risk on your bankroll. When playing as the banker you should always bet big every time you have a good hand since the odds would be in your favour. Never make large bets when not playing as the banker since you will not have a good advantage.
Pai Gow Poker Basic Strategy
When you are not too sure on how to bet, you can bet the house way. It is not uncommon for players to get confused when presented with a complex hand. The best way to overcome this is to study the way the dealers arrange their cards in the particular casino you are playing in. The way the dealers arrange their hands differs from one casino to the next. The dealers hand arrangements are standard and when confused give you a best way out though not the best hand arrangement.