Canada’s biggest casino and entertainment company, Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Ltd, have applied to build a new gambling and entertainment complex in Ladner. Gateway made their application to the Municipality of Delta, British Columbia.
The application comes a year later in the day it was broadcasted by the British Columbia Lottery Corporation (BCLC). Delta, a B.C. city poised of three distinct communities and one being Ladner, was the location Gateway preferred for a new casino. This new casino that is to be build could bring the banks of the Fraser River between $1.5 million and $3 million per year.
Gateway & Delta Casino – The Agreement
The BCLC gave initial approval for the development at Town & Country On Sept. 7, 2017, after months of discussions. Despite having previous talks that the location is not suitable to build on due to the proximity to the River Rock Casino that is located in Redmond.
Ever since the meeting took place, there have been other meeting to discuss the issue with Gateway and city of Delta. This was to get feedback on the company’s proposal. Moreover, Delta also held its own public consultations that took place on Nov. 28 and Nov. 30. They also had planned another meeting for January.
Prior to Gateway Casinos’ first public consultation session, they released versions of Delta’s planned casino. Representatives from Gateway Casinos and the BCLC were offered an exclusive look at the $70 million construction venture.
Tanya Gabara, Director of public relations for Gateway Casinos, said the company is “eager to involve the community,” and that they are “ready to pledge for the long term.”
Gateway & Delta casino – What the casino will entail
- 8-acre site, nine acres will be used for parking lots
- And also the building for the proposed development.
- The 1.8 acres that remain will be reserved for green space.
- The 200,000 square foot building, will cost about $70 million in capital investments. Also it will provide up to 700 new hospitality occupations once it is completed.
- The 116-room hotel and the Delta casino will feature two dining establishments that include Atlas, Match, Gateway’s steak. Also seafood restaurants and its pub-style brand.More than 600
- slots and 24 gaming tables