With this nifty how to play roulette guide you can spin it to win it like a pro and learn winning roulette strategies. Roulette is a classic casino table game and over the years has been adapted for online gambling as online roulette. While the game originated in France and the French translation of the word roulette is little wheel, it has two main versions – American and European Roulette. Roulette gambling online
Best Online Roulette Casinos
How to play roulette online for real money
There are three versions on online roulette – American, European and French roulette. Each version has advantages and disadvantages and later we discuss the differences between the versions. Below are the regular steps taken when playing roulette online:
Know the different roulette bets especially if you want to wager real money. Once you have decided on a bet, you can place your bet.
This step generally involves spinning the roulette wheel, this is performed by the dealer and in the case of online casinos the software.
When the wheel stops, all winning wagers are paid out and loosing wagers are collected.
This step usually involves you placing another bet and repeating the process above.
How to Play Roulette – a Guide for Beginners
As a beginner you should understand the various roulette bets you can make. There are two kinds of bets which you can make in roulette; inside bets – which generally have higher paying odds – or outside bets.
Inside bets are bets made on specific numbers whereas outside bets are wagered on red, black, odds, evens, column, high or low. To play roulette games properly, you will need to understand the different types of inside real money Roulette bets which you will be able to make. They are as follows:
- Straight Up which is a bet placed on one number with a payout of 35 to 1
- Split Betting which is placed on two numbers with a payout of 17 to 1
- Street Betting which is made on three numbers with a payout of 11 to 1; street betting can be played with just one chip, but it must be placed on the end of any street (the row of three numbers) on the table map when wagering
- Corner Betting is played on four numbers with a payout of 8 to 1; this can also be played with one chip by placing the chip on the intersection of your four numbers of choice
- Six Line Betting on six numbers pays 5 to 1. To play this, place your chip on the edge of two adjoining streets
Furthermore, for American Roulette players, you will be able to play the Five-number Bet which will cover ‘0, 00, 1, 2, 3’ with a payout of 6 to 1. There is also the Row 00 bet which covers 0 as well as 00 with a handsome payout of 17 to 1.
If you choose to play the outside ring you will need to know which betting options await you:
- Colour Betting (reds or blacks) will bring out a payout of 1 to 1
- Even Betting brings a payout of 1 to 1
- Odds Betting also yields a 1 to 1 payout
- Column Betting on twelve numbers in a column pays 2 to 1
- Dozen Betting (i.e. A bet placed on the first twelve numbers) pays 2 to 1
- High or Low Bets pay 1 to 1
Those are the basics which you will need to understand when embarking on the game of Online Roulette. It is good to know that with certain online casinos, you will also be given to opportunity to play at Live Dealer Casinos. This means there is a live dealer who will be running the game as opposed to a generated computer dealer.
Intermediate How to Play Roulette Tips
Now that you understand the basics we can move on to top roulette betting tips to help you win. While there are no tips or ways to win that are cast in stone, these tips can help you improve your chances of winning.
- Online roulette rules – thoroughly understand the rules and bets
- Bankroll management – manging your bankroll well will help you recover losses
- Free play – play in demo mode to understand the gameplay
How to Play Roulette Like A Pro
At a point in your online roulette journey you will move from beginner to intermediate and eventually reach expert level. So, how do you play roulette like a pro? The experts follow a number of strategies to improve their chances of winning. We list the strategies below, you can click on the links and read up on them:
- Lucky Seven Strategy
- Fibonacci Roulette Strategy
- Oscar’s Roulette Strategy
- Biarritz Roulette Betting Strategy
- Labouchere Strategy
- Martingale Betting Strategy
With all this knowledge, you can now go forth and spin the wheels of fortune.
American vs. European Roulette
The age-old question between the two strongest types of western civilization has now made its way to the tables of Land-Based as well as Online Casinos Australia; American or European? American and European Roulette do not differ as drastically as die hard veteran players would like to make out. There is actually only one key difference; an extra number.
Yes, the American wheel has an additional green number; 00. Whereas the European wheel is comprised of numbers zero to thirty-six, the American counterpart also goes up to thirty-six, however; there is an additional predecessor number in the form of the 00 slot. This means that there is now an additional digit which comes into play making your selection thirty-eight wide, ultimately giving more advantage to the house. It has been shown that on a global scale that European Roulette is favoured for winning a larger sum of money.
Find a list of top Australian online casinos for Roulette on Casino Australia, your number online casino guide.