- »Golden Horns Highlights New Betsoft Games in January
Golden Horns Highlights New Betsoft Games in January
A new year means new online casino games from Betsoft Gaming. Developers have been anxiously awaiting the releases of some of their favorite projects to date: Golden Horns, Take Olympus, Stacked, and Max Quest Dragon Stone.
Golden Horns: 14 January
The timing is perfect, according to the Chinese calendar, as 2021 will be the Year of the Ox. Golden Horns pays homage to that symbol with the Golden Horns video slot.
With a background likened to a Chinese celebration, Golden Horns takes players to a golden grid. The attention to detail is impressive, as are the vibrant colors featuring red and gold. The stringed instruments blend for a relaxing and authentic sound to serve as a backdrop.
Golden Horns harkens back to the original slot machine, one with three reels and one payline. This means it is a medium- to high-volatility game, one with a 96.26% RTP (return to player).
The max win is 25,344x the player’s bet.
Speaking of bets, players can spin for as little as $0.20 up to a max bet of $4.50. The symbols pay as follows when three hit on the single payline:
- Wild golden ox = 288x (in addition to a random multiplier of 2x to 88x)
- Tree = 88x
- Blue fish = 18x
- Green frog = 13x
- Letter A = 8x
- Letter K = 6x
- Letter Q = 3x
- Letter J = 2x
The Wild and Multiplier are the primary features, considering it is a single-payline game.
(See the video trailer for Golden Horns on YouTube.)
Take Olympus: 18 February
The next scheduled release for 2021 will be Take Olympus, one with a little more action, more frequent pays, and more features.
Take Olympus puts players in a beautiful garden setting, complete with beautiful ancient architecture and greenery. And the soundtrack is a soothing piece of background music.
As a more modern video slot, the 5-reel, 4-row game offers 50 paylines and medium volatility. This means the payline hits are more frequent, though they might be less lucrative than in a high-volatility slot. The theoretical RTP (return to player) shows it at 95.49%.
The minimum bet is $0.20, and the options increase at a rapid pace to $0.50, $1, $3, $6, $7.50, $12.50, $17.50, $25, $35, and it stops at $45 per spin. The symbols pay out as follows for five of each on a payline:
- Zeus = 6x
- Poseidon = 2x
- Hades = 2x
- Apollo = 2x
- Aphrodite = 2x
- Lightening = 1.2x
- All other symbols = 0.8x
Features of Take Olympus
The payouts for the above symbols may not be stunning for Take Olympus players, but the features are another story.
Every 10 spins, one of five gods monitors the reels. They appear at random (though none will appear twice in a row), and each one possesses a special power.
- Zeus is wild and can take possess the powers of other gods. He can also award 10 free spins to a player if all four other gods appear on the reels as symbols.
- Poseidon shows his presence with symbols of himself or his trident on the reels. Each one that appears increases the counter by one. When his time is over, he awards the appropriate amount of respins before leaving.
- Hades can appear as a symbol, as can Cerberus. Either one will increase the multiplier, and the final multiplier by the last spin of that cycle will be applied to that final spin.
- Apollo makes his appearance with his own symbol or that of his bow and arrow. When they appear, they become sticky and stay on the reels until the tenth spin, at which time they all become wilds.
- Aphrodite may show up as herself or a leaf, and they remain sticky on the reels. At the end of her time, each marked spot becomes a mystery box, as do all symbols in the path connecting them. They will all then transform into one random non-wild symbol.
(The video for Take Olympus is available on YouTube.)
Stacked: 18 March
This will be the third major video slot release of the new year for Betsoft.
Not much information is available for this game yet, except that it will be a medium-volatility game. It will use a 4×4 square grid and offer 20 paylines. The theme will be one of a magic show, with magicians presenting symbols that from magic hats and their rabbits to magic wands.
Players will need to wait a little more than two months for this one.
Max Quest: First Half 2021
Betsoft has yet to provide game details or an official release date. There is not even a demo game available on the company website yet for Max Quest: Dragon Stone.
However, there is a cinematic trailer for Max Quest: Dragon Stone on YouTube. The short clip makes the game look like a futuristic, highly-detailed online slot, one that could outshine many in the market now.
Where to Play Betsoft Games
Some of the new releases from Betsoft are available for free play on the Betsoft Gaming website. Click here and choose any game to play the demo. Golden Horns and Take Olympus are listed there now.