- »How To Play Craps
How To Play Craps
Craps is believed to come from a variation of the Old English game called Hazard and a spin-off of the French Crapaud. In craps, the players wager money against the casino and bet on the outcome of one or a number of rolls of two dice. Kearn how to play craps online with our handy guide by reading on.
There are three major forms of craps for Aussies today:
- Street craps – The informal version of the game usually played by groups of people in alleys or in rooms.
- Casino craps – The most popular in land casinos today and differs from street craps.
- Online craps – The newest version and an exciting combination of both forms that has been slightly simplified to enable the online player the opportunity to experience the thrill.
How to Play Craps Online Guide
How to Play Craps – Craps Game Beginner’s Guide
Learning how to play craps online as a beginner is not a difficult. Firstly you need to find a good craps casino to play at. Once you have found your craps casino there are three things you must arm yourself with:
- Understand the Craps rules
- Practice the Craps game
- Find a good craps strategy and use it
How to Play Craps – Intermediate Guide
Once you understand the craps rules and practice playing craps you are now comfortable enough to play craps online for real money. At this level you should know tips that will improve your chances or odds of winning. These tips, do not guarantee wins because the craps game is unpredictable which is what makes it so exciting. The following tips will improve your odds:
- Pay attention to the game as it progresses
- Don’t take too much time placing your bets
- Toss the dice down the center of the craps table
- The word ‘seven’ is considered bad luck in craps, use “Big Red” instead
- Always tip the dealer, it’s good etiquette.
- Enjoy the game
How to Play Craps Like A Pro
When you’ve mastered the basics of how to play craps and have mastered a strategy, you likely want to play like a pro. To play craps like a pro, you need more than just knowing craps rules and craps strategy. A craps game pro knows and understand the different types of craps bets. You need to understand the craps terms and lingo to play and sound like a pro. Knowing the various craps bets , rules and strategies will allow to approach the craps game with useful tactics that will help you win more real money.
Understanding the Craps Game
To understand the craps game , players must understand the layout of the craps table in addition to the craps rules and craps strategy . The craps table looks complicated and intimidating to beginners. However, the craps table is not as complex as it looks. One needs to understand that the table is designed to give players on either side of the table the same view. The craps game is played with dice and chips.
Craps Table Layout
The craps table has two side sections which are identical and a middle section. Each side section is assigned a dealer and the middle is manned by a stickman. Because the side sections are similar, only the side you are on affects you. Players at both ends share the middle section. The side section is shared between the players and the dealer. The players’ section includes the Pass Line, Don’t Pass, Field, Come and Don’t Come bets. The players’ section is also known as the “self service” area because players can place their own bets with help from the dealer. Players simply place their chips on the block with the bet they have chosen. If the player wins from the bet they placed, they need to remove their chips from the section that they bet on. If the player does not move his chips, it is assumed that he or she is placing all his chips on the same bet when the next dice is rolled. The center section unlike the side sections can only be operated by the stickman or dealer.
Using One-roll-bets On A Craps Table
- On the right side of the table there wil be an area for one-roll-bets.
- Here you bet on a specific roll (naturally).
- Eg. bet on any of the options featured below.
Craps is a betting game played with two dice, where a first throw total of both dice is seven (7) or eleven (11) is an instant win.
- A first dice throw with a total of two (2), three (3) or twelve (12) loses the bet.
- If the first throw is any other number than those listed above, that number becomes the “Point”. However, the Point Number must be thrown before a seven (7) is thrown in order to win.
- If a seven (7) is thrown before the Point Number is thrown the player loses the bet (Crapped Out) and the dice must be passed to the next player that places a bet on the “Pass Line”.
Craps Tutorial: Craps Bets and Terms
- Pass Line: If the come out roll is a 7 or a 11 the pass line bet wins. If the result is a 12 , 3 or 2 it’s a loss. When the come out roll is any other value that is not the loss or win it becomes the point. The dice is rolled again until the point is repeated or a 7 comes up again. This ends the round , and the shooter tosses a new come-out roll.
- Don’t Pass Line: As the name suggests, the opposite of the Pass Line bet. If you place your chips on this bet you’re betting that a 7 will be rolled before the point.
- Come: This bet is made after the come out roll. It is based on the same rules as the pass line bet.
- Don’t Come: This is a bet made after the come-out roll. It is works on the same rules as a don’t pass line bet. The Don’t Come bet is the opposite of the Come bet
- Field: This is betting on a number you think will be rolled amongst the following; 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, or 12. A 5, 6, 7 or 8 is a loss.
- Place Bets: A bet on the following numbers ; 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, and 10 being rolled before a 7. A wiining bet here will land you a big pay off.
- Big 6 or Big 8: This is just like a field bet of 6 or 8, only that you’re betting on a giant 6 or a giant 8. This bet is not available in all craps casinos as most players won’t play this bet as it has a considerably great house edge.
- Hardways: In this case you’re placing a bet that the shooter will roll an identical pair of numbers. E.g id you bet a hard 5 you are betting that a pair of fives will roll before a 6 and 4. If you bet a hard 8 and a pair of fours is rolled you win, if you roll a 6 and 2 or 5 and 3 it’s a loss. If a 7 is rolled it’s an automatic loss
- Any Seven: This is a bet that the next roll will be a 7
- Any Craps: This is a bet that a 2, 3, or 12 will drop next
- Natural: this is a come-out roll that results in a 7 or 11
Craps Strategy: Best Strategy for Online Craps
THE “DO NOT” CRAPS BETTING STRATEGY- This is a betting strategy great for beginners. With the “Do Not” craps betting strategy, you stop betting when the shooter throws a point or a natural and start betting when another 7 is rolled.
FIBONACCI STRATEGY- This a strategy named after a mathematical term. You make a series of bets in which the next bet is the sum of the two previous bets.
PARLAY BETTING SYSTEM- This betting strategy aims to create maximum wins. When you win you , bet your winnings and your original bet. It’s high risk with high rewards.
How to Find the Best Craps Casino
To find the best craps casino to play real money craps online just choose any of our recommended casinos. The craps casinos we list have the best craps games. Check the casino odds before you start playing so that you can choose the best strategy to use . The online craps casinos we feature, are safe , secure and licenced. They offer the craps games in both download and no download versions. Some of the best craps casinos offer craps as a live casino game, for the most authentic craps experience.
How to Play Craps and Win
Craps is a fun exciting unpredictable game. However the fact that it is unpredictable does not mean there are no steps you can take to improve your chances of winning. There are different ways to approach Craps, but the following tips will help improve your odds
- Practice – The more you play the more confident you will be
- Be consistent – Do not carelessly jump from one strategy to the next . Follow through with a strategy for at least a round or two before switching.
- Place smaller bets- The excitement and fast pace of craps can tempt you to place excessively large bets
- Remember the house edge- Place your bets with consideration for the house edge.
- Set a time limit for yourself- When you play online it’s easy to lose track of time and bet more than you anticipated. Set a limit and stick to it.
Playing Craps Online vs Playing at Land-based Craps Casinos
- Playing craps online versus playing at a land based casino is quite different even though it’s the same game.
- Online craps lets you curate the atmosphere you want to play the game in. in a land based casino you take whatever comes with the casino you’re in.
- Playing craps online is a faster paced than land based craps because you can adjust the speed of the game to suit your pace.
- Online craps lets you play for longer because the bets are marginally lower than land-based craps.
- Playing craps online means you don’t have to wait for other players to start a game or to make bets. Online Craps casinos have tables waiting for you to arrive.
- When you play craps online you will not be intimidated by other seemingly seasoned players. You can play without worrying about your performance in front of casino crowds.
- The biggest advantage of playing online craps is you already know the house edge, so you can strategize and pick the most profitable game for you.
Craps Online Overall
Playing craps online can be a really rewarding experience once you know how. More so, this exciting dice game can be enjoyed at any of our top gambling sites for Aussies. So, for more about playing craps online, visit our guide.