- »Natural8 Prepares for WSOP Winter Online Circuit Series
Natural8 Prepares for WSOP Winter Online Circuit Series
The World Series of Poker has solidified its relationship with GGPoker and Natural8 in 2020. The coronavirus pandemic forced the WSOP to take its action online, and it has done quite well.
Players have also benefitted from this partnership. Not long after the pandemic made it clear that it wasn’t disappearing any time soon, the WSOP announced the first-ever WSOP Super Circuit Online Series. It ran throughout May, complete with 18 official WSOP Circuit ring-awarding events amidst a larger series with 595 tournaments and $100 million in prize pool guarantees.
When Covid-19 forced the WSOP to cancel its annual summer series in Las Vegas, the organizers took that online as well. Of the full online summer schedule of 85 events, Natural8 and GGPoker offered 54 of them.
Last month, the WSOP announced a Main Event – the tournament of all World Series tournaments – online to offer players a chance to compete from around the world.
The WSOP Winter Online Circuit Series will hit Natural8 online poker tables on December 13 and run through January 10. There will be 18 official Circuit events again, but the side events will create a festival of poker with $100 million in guarantees.
Essential WSOP Circuit Information
The series kicks off on Sunday, December 13. The primary 18-event series will serve as the outline, and those are the only tournaments that will award official WSOP Circuit titles and gold rings. There will be more than $30 million in guarantees for those 18 events alone.
With events like the Big 50 and Super MILLION$, some of the tournaments will feel familiar. The WSOP Winter Online Circuit Series will also offer a Mini Main Event, Colossus, PLOssus, and a massive Main Event with a $10 million guarantee all by itself.
Special note: Starting flights for Event 1 actually begin on Monday, December 7.
Players competing in the series on Natural8 will have an extra bonus that players on GGPoker will not. There is an exclusive WSOPC LiveX component.
In fact, every winner of a WSOP-C event on Natural8 will win a spot on the LiveX Crew.
Each winner of a WSOP Circuit event with a buy-in of $999 or below will also win a $5K LiveX sponsorship. This affords the player a 6-month sponsorship and a $5K Las Vegas prize package, the latter with $2,500 for buy-ins and $2,500 for expenses.
Each winner of an event with a buy-in of $1K or more will win a $10K LiveX sponsorship. This will also be a six-month deal, but the Las Vegas package will be worth $10K, with $7,500 for buy-ins and $2,500 for expenses.
Finally, should the winner of the WSOP Circuit Main Event claim victory on Natural8, that person will win a $50K LiveX sponsorship. That spot on the LiveX Crew will be a 12-month agreement, along with a $15K Vegas prize package ($10K in buy-ins and $5K for expenses). That player will also receive $35K for live event sponsorships over the 12-month period.
WSOP Circuit Series Schedule
The GMT starting times for each tournament are listed on the Natural8 page for the series.
- Event 1 / Dec 7-13: $50 buy-in NLHE Big 50 (24 flights) ($1M GTD)
- Event 2 / Dec 13: $10,300 buy-in NLHE Super MILLION$ High Roller ($5M GTD)
- Event 3 / Dec 15: $3K buy-in NLHE Deepstack Championship ($1M GTD)
- Event 4 / Dec 19: $800 buy-in NLHE Monster Stack ($1M GTD)
- Event 5 / Dec 20: $600 buy-in PLO ($500K GTD)
- Event 6 / Dec 14-20: $170 buy-in NLHE Mini Main Event (24 flights ($2M GTD)
- Event 7 / Dec 22: $1,500 buy-in NLHE Six-Handed Championship ($1M GTD)
- Event 8 / Dec 26: $600 buy-in NLHE Marathon ($500K GTD)
- Event 9 / Dec 27: $315 buy-in NLHE Bounty Giant ($1M GTD)
- Event 10 / Dec 21-27: $400 buy-in Christmas PLOssus (24 flights) ($1.225M GTD)
- Event 11 / Dec 29: $1,050 buy-in NLHE Bounty Hunters Championship ($1M GTD)
- Event 12 / Jan 2: $500 buy-in NLHE Deepstack ($500K GTD)
- Event 13 / Jan 2: $10K buy-in NLHE Heads-Up (only 128 players allowed) ($1M GTD)
- Event 14 / Jan 3: $800 buy-in NLHE Fifty Stack ($1M GTD)
- Event 15 / Dec 28-Jan 3: $400 buy-in NLHE New Year Colossus (24 flights) ($2.021M GTD)
- Event 16 / Jan 5: $3K buy-in PLO Championship ($500K GTD)
- Event 17 / Jan 9: $252 buy-in NLHE Deepstack Bounty Hunters ($500K GTD)
- Event 18 / Jan 4-10: $1,700 buy-in NLHE Main Event (12 flights) ($10M GTD)
There will also be a series leaderboard with $100K to be allocated to the top 100 finishers. Details of the payouts are not yet available, but players can garner points from all tournaments in the series, including non-WSOP side events.
Australian Players Find a Way
Players located within Australia are not officially permitted to play from there, per GGNetwork rules. However, players are encouraged to go to any number of neighboring countries to play from there. Natural8 will work with any players to set up an account from outside of Australia.