- »New Quickspin Online Casino Slot: Ghost Glyph
New Quickspin Online Casino Slot: Ghost Glyph
Online casino fans know that Quickspin creates some of the most unique slot games in the industry. They are all unique, complete with new characters, original animation, and clean graphics. The latest online slot from Quickspin fits right in.
Ghost Glyph takes players into a haunted house where ghosts live, but instead of scaring people, they trigger fun bonuses and features.
Trust us, there is nothing to be scared of.
Ghosts Gearing Up for Halloween
Some Halloween-themed games are really only fun during the season. Ghost Glyph, however, is one that will last well beyond the ghost-and-ghoul-filled holiday.
Quickspin Producer Clint Andersson noted that ghosts had been the topic of many brainstorming meetings at the office. So, they took it as a sign that they should make a ghost-centric game. A little alliteration and character drawing later, they had Ghost Glyph.
Technically, this is the second in the Glyph series, as Quickspin released Golden Glyph in November 2019. Ghost Glyph carries the theme.
“We already had a very feature-rich game in mind for these kinds of characters,” Andersson said. “We handpicked the ghosts we liked the most from a selection of about 50 concepts. The blue and the green ghosts were two instant favourites and helped define the rest of the game’s setting.”
Quickspin looked forward to releasing Ghost Glyph, which it did this week on September 8.
It is a medium-volatility game with a 31% hit rate and 96.18% RTP (return-to-player).
Ghost Glyph Payouts
The 7×7 grid presents a lot of room for symbols and the cluster-pay format. This means that the paytable reflects the bet configuration. Wins pay with symbol clusters that connect adjacently, though only the highest win pays.
The third in Quickspin’s series of cluster-pay games, the game balances its volatility with maximum exposure of up to 2,200x for a balance variation of wins.
Players can start to play with a minimum bet of $0.20. The options then increase to $0.40, $0.60, $0.80, and $1, then $1.40 and $2, $4, $5, $6, $8, and $10. Higher-betting players can move from there up to $20, $40, $60, and up to a max bet of $100 per spin.
There are numerous symbols in Ghost Glyph. Note that the Wild can substitute for any symbol except the Ghost Glyph. Let’s consider the current bet to be $0.20 per spin and look at the payouts with 10 in a cluster, as well as the max payouts:
- Triple diamonds = $3.00 ($120.00 for 15 or more)
- Two red gems = $2.00 ($60.00 for 15 or more)
- One green gem = $1.00 ($30.00 for 15 or more)
- Spider web in gold = $0.50 ($3.00 for 15 or more)
- Skull in gold = $0.50 ($3.00 for 15 or more)
- Moon in gold = $0.50 ($3.00 for 15 or more)
- Star in gold = $0.50 ($3.00 for 15 or more)
Features in Ghost Glyph
The first thing players will notice on a winning spin is that the reels tumble. All symbols involved in a winning cluster will disappear, and new ones will fall into place from above the grid. The process continues until no new winning combinations occur. All of the wins then combine for a payout.
We should explain the Ghost Glyph itself. When a winning cluster is removed – but before the tumble – the player receives a Ghost Glyph in one of the newly-emptied spaces. One new Ghost Glyph falls into place with each tumble.
The Ghost Glyph may act as a wild. A removed Ghost Glyph activates a Ghost Urn. There are five types of Ghost Urns that may be activated by Ghost Glyph wins:
- Red Ghost Urn = targets one random low-paying symbol and removes all of them on the grid
- Green Ghost Urn = targets a random low-paying symbol and transforms it into a different symbol
- Yellow Ghost Urn = launches 4-10 randomly-placed wilds on the reels
- Blue Ghost Urn = activates the bonus game with 8 free spins
- Blye Ghost Urn = turns all unused Ghost Glyphs into wilds
Note that anytime the Blue Ghost Urn appears in the free spins, the player wins an additional three free spins.
In the bonus game, every tumble sequence moves the Paranormality Meter up. It takes eight tumbles to fill it completely, at which point it levels up to the Massive Wilds level. There are several paranormality levels to watch for:
- Level 1: Full meter spawns two 2×2 Haunted Wilds.
- Level 2: Full meter spawns one 3×3 Colossal Wild.
- Levels 3-22: Each additional level increases the amount of moves for the 3×3 Colossal Wild before it disappears, with one additional move per level.
It sounds a little complicated, but players catch on quickly when they start playing. The gameplay shows the abilities and special characteristics of each ghost.
Where to Play Ghost Glyph
Players who want to understand a game before they play an online slot for real money can find a demo version of this Quickspin game on its website.