- »WSOP Returns to Natural8 for Super Circuit Series
WSOP Returns to Natural8 for Super Circuit Series
The World Series of Poker is releasing information as fast as it can verify it and obtain the necessary regulatory approvals. And April has been full of news about 2021 WSOP action.
Just a few weeks ago, WSOP decision-makers announced the 2021 games will be online and live. Since this is not yet a post-pandemic world where people travel freely and play poker without limits, the World Series of Poker decided to offer live poker in the US and Europe after offering gold bracelets online in the US and internationally.
The international part now has dates. And the partner again will be the GGNetwork of poker sites, including GGPoker and Natural8.
Meanwhile, Natural8 and its sister sites will host the WSOP Super Circuit Online Series throughout the month of May. Big money is guaranteed, and twenty gold rings are on the line.
WSOP Online 2021 Info
Less than two weeks ago, the World Series of Poker announced that the online poker portion of the 2021 series will happen at WSOP-dot-com, a site available to players in the states of Nevada and New Jersey. There will be 33 official WSOP Online events with 33 gold bracelets, the tournaments running 1 July through 1 August. Their Main Event will be on 1 August with a $500 buy-in and $1M guaranteed.
The WSOP now confirms that the international series will be on the GGNetwork, including Natural8, from 1 August to 12 September, 2021. It will offer 33 gold bracelet events.
In addition, Natural8 and GGPoker will offer satellites to the WSOP Main Event in Las Vegas starting on 1 August. Players can win $10K NLHE World Championship seats online through 1 October for the live Main Event that starts in Las Vegas on 4 November.
The WSOP anticipates that players will be able to travel the world freely at that point.
WSOP Director Gregory Chochon said that the online bracelet offerings in 2021 were necessary due to the uncertainty of travel and ongoing pandemic concerns. “One of our goals is to provide as many people the chance to become champions as possible,” he said.
WSOP Super Circuit Online: 1-30 May
Poker players don’t need to wait until August to get a piece of the WSOP Action. The WSOP-C Super Circuit Online starts on 1 May and runs through the end of the month. There is a massive series that boasts of hundreds of tournaments that guarantee $100M in total.
However, there are 18 events in the mix that will award WSOP Circuit gold rings. Those 18 events will guarantee $19M of that $100M total. The lowest buy-in will be $25 and the highest $840, and Natural8 will run satellites for all of them.
- #1 on 2 May: $100 buy-in Super Circuit Kick-Off Day 2 after 31 flights ($1M GTD)
- #2 on 1 May: $210 buy-in Beat the Pros WSOP Edition ($500K GTD)
- #3 on 2 May: $400 buy-in NLHE Double Stack Million ($1M GTD)
- #4 on 4 May: $800 buy-in NLHE 6-Max Championship ($1M GTD)
- #5 on 8 May: $315 buy-in NLHE Bounty Giant ($500K GTD)
- #6 on 9 May: $365 buy-in NLHE Giant ($1M GTD)
- #7 on 9 May: $25 buy-in Big 25 Day 2 after 57 flights ($1M GTD)
- #8 on 11 May: $800 buy-in NLHE Deepstack Championship ($1M GTD)
- #9 on 15 May: $525 buy-in NLHE Bounty Deepstack ($500K GTD)
- #10 on 16 May: $100 buy-in NLHE Hundred Stack ($500K GTD)
- #11 on 16 May: $400 buy-in COLOSSUS Day 2 after 32 flights ($2.5M GTD)
- #12 on 18 May: $800 buy-in PLO Championship ($250K GTD)
- #13 on 22 May: $210 buy-in NLHE Bounty 6-Max ($500K GTD)
- #14 on 23 May: $77 buy-in NLHE Lucky 7s ($500K GTD)
- #15 on 23 May: $400 buy-in PLOSSUS Day 2 after 32 flights ($1M GTD)
- #16 on 25 May: $840 buy-in Bounty Hunters Championship ($1M GTD)
- #17 on 29 May: $52.50 buy-in NLHE Ultra Deepstack Bounty Turbo ($250K GTD)
- #18 on 30 May: $525 buy-in Main Event Day 2 after 49 flights ($5M GTD)
The final table of the Main Event will play out on June 5. And the winner of that Main Event will become a member of the GGTeam Champions and win a $50K sponsorship. The team will grow with more WSOP champions throughout the year, with details to be announced at a later date.
New Cash Game Ring Invitational
For the first time, WSOP Circuit players will have the chance to win gold rings. From 1-30 May, players in Hold’em and Omaha cash games must win sessions to qualify.
The games can be in Hold’em, PLO, or PLO-5 at any stakes, and each session must last at least 50 hands. Winning sessions contribute to the players’ weighted BB scores, which Natural8 and GGPoker will tally throughout May. At the end of the month, the top nine finishers in both the Hold’em and Omaha categories will win seats to the Final9 Invitationals.
The Final9 tables will play on 5 June, and the winners will win WSOPC gold rings. There are also tournament dollars for all players at the final tables:
- Winner: WSOPC ring and $2,600 in tournament dollars only usable on GGNetwork sites.
- Runner-up: T$1,900 (tournament dollars)
- 3rd place: T$1,500
- 4th place: T$1,200
- 5th place: T$900
- 6th place: T$700
- 7th place: T$500
- 8th place: T$400
- 9th place: T$300
The leaderboard will appear on the Natural8 website when the action begins on 1 May.