Online Backgammon in Australia
Online backgammon is a popular board game, which allows Australian gamblers to play against an artificial opponent or other players with the Pass and Play option. The game can be set between five difficulty levels, ranging from easy to expert. The objective of online backgammon is to move your checker’s pieces all around the board in a clockwise motion and move the checkers from the board.
How to Play Online Backgammon
Online backgammon is a pretty easy game to play. Players are required to move their checker’s pieces to their home on the upper right side of the backgammon board. This will ultimately result in the checkers moving off the board. The first player to move all the checker’s pieces off the board will win. The game is played with two dice, the results of the thrown dice will determine how many spaces a player can move.
Backgammon Games Online
Backgammon online has a wide diversity of variants. The games can be played in both real money mode and in the freeplay mode. Some of these variations include:
- Spider solitaire
- Video poker
- Free cell
Backgammon Game Strategy
To get the best results in backgammon, Casino Australia has provided our Aussie gamblers with the best tips and strategies. The game allows for players to beat the computer or their opponents by following these strategies. Strategies include:
- Online players are advised to strengthen their checkers by keeping two or more together at all times.
- Players should knock their opponent’s checkers pieces off the backgammon board as many times as they can.
- Be sure to keep at least two checkers pieces in your home territory, this will make it more difficult for your opponent to get their checkers back on the board.
- Leave a few of your checkers pieces behind, this will allow you to knock players off the backgammon board when they try to move to their home territory after being knocked off before.
Rules of Online Backgammon
Backgammon online has a few optional rules that players could use to boost their chances of winning. The rules are:
- Automatic double: If a player’s first roll of the dice results in the same numbers, the stakes of the game will automatically be doubled. This will result in the doubling cube turning to two and will stay in the centre.
- Beavers: If a player doubled, he can redouble while holding onto the cube.
The Jacoby Rule: Backgammons and gammons count as one game if neither of the players has doubled.