The much awaited 2016 UEFA European Championship is finally here and the sports betting powerhouses are buzzing with pundits. The Euro 2016 is an edition of the European tournament, has attracted a lot of attention from around the world and the football supporters are keen to bet on their favourite teams and players. No one wants to miss the chance to win with their favourite team come Sunday 10 July.
Below we have collected a few betting tips for the groups. We compiled a list of the European powerhouses including the current world champions Germany and the reigning European champions Spain. Not forgetting to mention that this year’s hosts, France, have surprisingly emerged as the favourites.
Euro 2016 Sports Betting odds, the teams and the players
The betting and odds list also consist of special players that may change the game at any given time.
- France; the 2016 hosts go into the tournament as the hosts and favourites to lift the trophy on home soil. 10/1
- Germany: (Safe Bet) the current world champions are sitting on odds 4/1 to clinch the trophy, a very safe bet considering their qualification route.
- Antoine Griezmann comes at 9/1 odds as the safest bet to be the top goal scorer at the Euros.
- Gareth Bale: Outside bet. The Real Madrid midfielder comes at 40/1 to become the tournament’s top goal scorer.
- Paul Pogba: Safe bet. The Juventus box to box midfielder sits at 10/1 odds to become the player of the tournament.
- Mesut Ozil: Safe bet. The Arsenal man has all the bets encouraging him to take the most assist in 2016 Euros. (10/1)
- Kevin De Bruyne: Outside bet. The Belgian sensation comes at the 20/1 odds to claim the tournaments’ most assists. This is because he had the worst premier league season that was cursed with injuries.
- England to go out on penalties. The three lions have not disappointed in that regard as they left Euro ’96, 2004 and 2012 on penalties. 5/1
- Free Kick Specialists: The safest in all the bets in this category will go to both of Real Madrid’s wingers in Gareth Bale and Cristiano Ronaldo. Odds are sitting on 10/1
Also Read: Sportsbet Alleged To Be Still Taking Banned Gambling Bets and FC Barcelona Signs With Betfair