Online Roulette is a popular Australian online table game, whereby a small ball is dropped onto a rotating wheel, with differently numbered sections. The aim is to guess at which number your ball will stop at. After Aussie players place bets on one a number of variations on where the ball will eventually land, the croupier spins the wheel.
Your success in the game of roulette rests entirely on whether you bet on a specific number, a whole range of numbers, the colour the ball landed on, or whether the final number will be odd or even. Even the name is quaint — the game gets its moniker from the French word for “little wheel.” However, online roulette Australia has become one of the most iconic casino games in the world. There are countless Australian players who adore this game and once you start playing, it’s easy to see why.
In reality, though, Roulette is so much more than that. Many Australians consider it to be the ultimate game of skill. There are a huge number of variables that you can choose to bet on, and you’re still ultimately at the mercy of scientific principles like force and trajectory. Roulette is also very quick — the difference between a massive payout and going home empty-handed is often little more than a few quick seconds. In many ways, it’s the ultimate adrenaline rush at top online casinos in Australia & casinos all over the world.
The Recommended Australian Online Roulette Casinos
Play the Top Online Roulette Australia Real Money
Many Aussies like to play online roulette for real money. Playing for real money entails having to load a casino account with Australian Dollars. Once loaded gamers can start playing casino games and stand to win massive jackpots. What is beneficial when playing table games online such as Roulette, Blackjack, Poker and Baccarat, Australian get rewarded for making first deposits. This is referred to as the welcome bonuses which players can use to play Roulette.
However, finding the best online roulette casino may be a bit of a challenge. Our reviewers search the internet to find Australian casino players, premium online casinos that offer real money gaming. The casinos online that offer online roulette real money rewards their players with great bonuses and distinguished gaming experience.
Best Online Roulette Games
American, French and European Roulette are all, in essence, the same basic game, though they do have a few important differences.
For starters, American Roulette adds in an additional green colour slot on the online roulette wheel that usually contains two zeros. This goes a long way towards increasing both the speed at which people can win (or lose) and increasing the stakes at the same time, something that is very much in keeping with the “high intensity” mantra of American gaming in general.
French And European Roulette
European and French Roulette don’t have a second green 00 on the roulette wheel. They have the same ranges of 1 to 17 on the low end and 18 to 36 on the high end. They have a single green colour slot, numbered 0. The rest of the wheel is identical to American roulette. This is the version of the game that is played everywhere else in the world except the United States. Most fans find American Roulette to have no additional benefits (unless you happen to own and operate the casino in question).
The Difference Between European And French Roulette
Although being incredibly similar, there is one major key difference between French and European roulette. The even-money bet rules; La Partage and En Prison.
- La Partage – the La Partage rule increases the player’s odds against the house. When a player wagers an even-money bet and the ball lands on a zero, half of their wager will be returned to them.
- En Prison – although similar to the La Partage rule, En Prison is slightly more complex in nature. It is the lesser of the two rules, however, will still appear in some casino online roulette games. When you make an even money bet and the ball lands on zero, the croupier will place that bet in prison and use it for the next spin. It basically repeats your original bet so for example:
You wager AUD$50 on red. The croupier’s spin lands a zero. The croupier then places that wager in jail for the next spin. If red comes up in the next round of the game your AUD$50 is returned. If the ball lands on black or green once again, you lose the entire AU$50.
Best Australian Online Roulette Tips for Playing
Roulette is a completely random online game where skill doesn’t really come into the equation. Many players think they can predict the results of a future spin, judging by the results of the previous spins, but this is simply not the case. Anything can happen when you spin that wheel, so we’ve come up with some tips that you can use to improve your gaming experience and hopefully help you reduce your losses, maybe even improve your winnings a little.
- Decide how much money you’re willing to lose on the game and set that as your bankroll. Stick to this budget and do not go over it. If you lose all your money, walk away and try again another time. Do not chase your losses, as this will likely just make things worse.
- Come up with other limits as well, like a winning limit and a time limit. With the winning limit, decide how much you want to win before walking away. This is a good way to ensure you don’t just keep playing and land up losing all the money you won. Also set a time limit, as many players can sit on their PC and gamble for hours on end. This can be bad for your bank account, as well as other aspects of your life.
- Always play European Roulette. Any online casino should have European and American Roulette and making the correct choice here could make a huge difference to your bankroll and winnings. European Roulette gives the house an edge of 2.7%, while American Roulette increases the house edge to 5.26%.
- We also recommend you spend some time reading up on the rules. There are many variations of the game available to you and while the basic rules might be the same, the slight changes might catch you out if you are unprepared.
- Finally, most online casinos will allow you to play for free and this is a great tool to use to try and develop a strategy, or just to familiarise yourself with the game. Playing for free is a great way to learn and get comfortable with a game before you start spending any real money to play and you’d be a fool not to take advantage of this. When you finally play online roulette real money and win big jackpots.
Top Online Roulette Real Money Winning Odds
The variants of Roulette have odds that are specific to that particular game. If any of the casino online roulette games have low house edge then, players have a chance to walk away winners. In the case of this loved casino game, there are better winnings odds in comparison to the other games.
Below are the possible winning odds when playing the best online roulette Australia real money:
- Inside bets which are single number bets have a payout ratio of 2:1
- If a player chooses to wager on odd or even, red or black and high or low, the chances of winning at 1:2. Which means there is a 48.6% chance of a win.
- When wagering on single numbers the odds are at 2.7%
Play Roulette Online on Mobile
Aussies looking to play play online roulette real money on mobile should know that there are many great Australian online casinos that offer players the chance to do so. No matter the mobile device, be it a smartphone or a tablet, its possible for Aussie player to play premium roulette online any place in Australia. The best sites also allow players to use AUD as their currency while playing their favourite casino game while offering great jackpots.
Some online casinos will have the option to download apps, while others can easily be accessed from the mobile web browser. Our site lists the best mobile casinos in Australia.
How to Make the Best of Your Roulette Online Gaming Experience
There are a few key things that you’ll want to keep in mind in order to make the best of your online Roulette experience. For starters, remember that just because you’re located in Australia doesn’t necessarily mean that the casino is using European or French rules.
Always check to see which version of the game an online casino offers before playing. Doing so will let you as an Australian pick the right real money Roulette strategies moving forward and play with your own currency, the Australian Dollar.
Speaking of strategies, always remember that the odds are slightly different in the digital realm than they are in a neighbourhood environment. The spot that the ball will land on is truly random, which helps to shake things up a bit. As a result, betting on multiple numbers in online Roulette Australia is a great way to increase your odds if you’re insistent on playing on the inside.
Playing the outside is also a winning strategy, which involves betting on factors like red, black, even, odd and more. Even with the random number generator in play, this still leaves you with odds that are more or less 50/50.
Learn how to play online Roulette here.
Australian Roulette History
The world Roulette means little ‘wheel’ in French, which should point you in the right direction to its origin. The most popular theory about the birth of Roulette centres around a French physicist by the name of Blaise Pascal. He was working on creating a perpetual motion device, as in a device that would keep on moving without any additional energy being applied to it. He landed up creating the roulette wheel, which became very popular for gambling.
Having said that, Roulette wasn’t the first game in history to use some form of spinning wheel for gambling. It is believed that Greek soldiers spun their shields on its metal point and Roman soldiers spun the wheels of their chariots, all used for the purpose of some form of gambling. There were other games that were played before the invention of the Roulette wheel, including Hoca, which was an Italian game from the 17th Century. All of this just proves how much we liked spinning wheels and gambling on the outcome, but the Roulette wheel is the game that cemented its position and stayed with us.
After Pascal invented the wheel, it remained largely unchanged for quite some time, while being enjoyed by gamblers. In 1842 this changed as a green Zero was added to the wheel by Francois and Lois Blanc, who was creating a special Roulette wheel for King Charles III of Monaco. King Charles built a casino and introduced this new Roulette wheel, which turned out to be a smash hit. Monaco was facing financial troubles at the time but this addition of the Zero gave the house a much better advantage and helped to save the kingdom.
Once the game made its way across the Atlantic to America, the American casinos decided that the house edge with a single Zero was good, but it would be even better if they added a double Zero, so instead of having 37 numbers on the wheel, an American Roulette wheel has 38 (1- 36, 0, 00).
What Is Online Roulette?
Online Roulette aims to take the fun and excitement that can be had in a traditional casino and transport it into the digital realm. The basics of the game are still the same — you’re still ultimately placing a very specific bet and watching a ball spin around a wheel.
The difference mainly comes down to your environment. Instead of being on a crowded casino floor, surrounded by people and being bombarded by loud noises, you’re in an environment in which you have complete control. This enables you to make clearer decisions in a much less stressful environment.
Online Roulette also takes physics out of the equation completely. Most major online casinos use random number generators (also called RNGs) to determine where the ball will land. Each spot on the wheel and ultimate variation is a number, which is then picked instantly the moment that you click “Spin.” In essence, the actual spinning mechanism is just for show — it’s to make casino
online Roulette look as much like casino Roulette as possible. This has the added benefit of making sure that every result is well and truly random and also ensures that if you should lose, it isn’t something that happened due to outside forces.
Roulette Online Games Terms
– Betting on the outcome being a black number
– Betting on a column of 12 numbers. The roulette table will have three column bets available
– Placing a bet on the four numbers in the corners of the roulette table
– The roulette dealer
– A number on the Roulette wheel that in unique to American Roulette
– Betting on a group of 12 numbers
Five Number bet
– Placing a bet on 0, 00, 1, 2, 3. Only available in American Roulette
– Placing your bet on the inner section of the Roulette table
– Placing a bet on the group of numbers from 1 to 18
– Placing a bet on the racetrack section of the table, on a single number, as well as the two numbers next to it.
– A bet in French Roulette placed on five numbers.
– Placing a bet on the outer portion of the roulette table
– betting that the outcome of the spin will result in the ball landing on a red number
Single Zero Roulette
– Another name for European Roulette
– Betting on two numbers that are adjacent to each other on the Roulette wheel
– Placing a bet on a single number
Tiers du cylinder
– A bet in French Roulette where the player bets on 12 numbers opposite the 0 on the wheel
Voisins de Zero
– Another bet in French roulette where the player bets on 0, as well as the seven numbers to its right and nine numbers to is left
Have Roulette Online Gaming Questions?
New players may have a few questions regarding the ins and outs of online roulette. Below are a few answers to some of the most popular questions involving online roulette.