Online baccarat is probably the easiest single play table game in the casino to learn. This means that our how to play baccarat guide will be a breeze for baccarat beginners. Follow the few tips and easy to learn baccarat rules that we prescribe and you will be a baccarat pro in no time. Our baccarat tutorial includes a list of useful how to play baccarat strategy and step by step description of the internet gambling game. So as not to be mistaken for blackjack, since baccarat is also played on a large table as well, our classic examples and images will be more than a helpful depiction of the casino game for novice online gamblers.
Top Australian Baccarat Casinos
Learn how to Play Baccarat Online – Baccarat Rules
The main baccarat rules that Australian players need to know when they encounter baccarat online for the first time is that players must try the free mode first. All the top casino gambling sites in Australia provide new players with the option to play baccarat for fun alongside the real money version. The card game is played with typical English decks of 52-cards, with a total of between 6 or 8 decks of cards in a shoe.
When playing online baccarat, players should be certain that they are playing the correct variant of the casino card game. The baccarat variants that are popular in Australia are Punto Banco, Baccarat Chemin de fer or Baccarat Banque. Our baccarat tutorial will distinguish between all the different version of baccarat game. While they may be different, they all follow the same basic rules.
All the different versions have to distinguish between a Banker and a Player hand. The two hands that are dealt, first one is referred to as the “banker hand” and the second one is referred to as the “player hand”. Before the different hands are dealt though, all gamblers must place their wagers. Players have three betting options, on the banker’s hand on the left, on the player hand on the right or the tie option. The objective of drawing cards for the player-banker is to get as close to a total of nine as possible. The player only makes wagering decisions, with no hitting decisions permitted. Lastly, there is what is called a cut-card, placed 16 cards from the end of the shoe. When it is drawn, this plastic card signals the last hand on the shoe. The abovementioned represent the only hands dealt, and all bets at the table rest on the outcome of the banker and players hands.
Step By Step Guide for Playing Baccarat Online
Step 1 – Choose the online baccarat game
Top Australian gambling sites will have a host of baccarat variant for players to choose from. Select between Punto Banco, Baccarat Chemin de fer or Baccarat Banque to play.
Step 2 – Decide on the Bet Size
After players have chosen their preferred baccarat game, they will be given an option to set a bet size. High roller players that know how to make money playing baccarat will choose maximum bet sizes.
Step 3 – Place a Bet
This step represents choosing who to back between the two hand to win the round. Here are there options below
- The online baccarat banker
- The player
- Neither the player nor the banker winning called the Tie bet.
Step 4 – Dealer Deals Starting Hand
Players will receive two cards, facing up, and then the banker’s hand will be dealt. At this point, a player will need to calculate the total sum of the cards dealt. There’s an option to draw another card if your total sum of the two cards is below 5. If the total is higher than 5, you can stand and wait for the baccarat banker to draw.
Step 5 – Second Card Draw
Depending on the total sum of cards on the player’s hand, there will be a third draw. But, if one of the players has a total hand value close to 9, that player wins. The player will be paid depending on the outcome of the bet, with a requirement to pay a 5% commission in the case where the banker won.
Online Baccarat Strategy – Tricks to Play Baccarat and Win
With the baccarat games being around for multiple centuries now, different patterns of playing the gambling game have resulted in increased rewards for players across the world. Our how to play baccarat for beginners gambling experts have combined a list of useful baccarat tricks to help Australian players learn how baccarat is played and win.
- Do not make the Tie bet – As mentioned before, a player will have an option between three betting option, with the third choice being a tie. Even though the baccarat game has a low house edge, the tie wager is the highest odd of a player losing. This is because a tie bet represents a situation in which neither the banker nor the player loses.
- Back the Banker – The odds are generally in favour of the banker winning. Thus, players should place their bets in support of the banker’s hand.
- Use your discretion – While we recommend betting on the banker, it is always worthwhile to follow your gut. Since baccarat is a game of chance, players should exercise their discretion. This gambling game is also laden with relatively long winning streaks, so choose wisely on who to bet on.
- Set a budget – Managing your money is key when playing baccarat game. Manage your sessions of playing based on a predetermined budget as well as a time
Baccarat Online – Understanding Baccarat Odds
The objective of the baccarat game is to pick the winning hand between the player or banker. In the same breath, winning is dependent on the banker and the player’s hands getting closer to a total of 9. Anything above the total of nine, the first digit of the total is dropped. So, ten is equal to zero, 15 is equal to five, for example. Players need to have a healthy grasp of the how baccarat cards are calculated in order to understand baccarat game odds.
- Ace cards count as 1
- 10, King, Queen and Jack cards count as 0
- The rest of the remaining cards on the deck, 2-9, count as the value represented on the card.
How to Play Baccarat the Right Way – How to Bet
Players have three betting options, wager on the player’s hand winning, the dealer’s hand winning, and a tie. All the different bets have different house edge percentages which represent the player’s chances of winning. Betting on the banker has a house edge of 1.06%, the lowest advantage to the casino of all the three bets. Placing a wager on the player to win has a house edge of 1.24%. This means that for every 100 units used to wager in a baccarat game betting on a player and a banker, you’re expected to lose 1.06 and 1.24 times respectively.
A tie bet, on the other hand, has very dissimilar odds. The tie bet has a house advantage of 14.4%. While it may have significantly higher payout returns, it has by far the highest house edge of the 3-baccarat betting option. This ultimately means that there is a higher chance of losing when placing this bet. It all depends on how do you play baccarat, the higher the risk, the higher the reward.
Baccarat Basics – Counting Cards
In order to win playing baccarat online, players need to learn how to calculate the value of their hand. The strength of a player’s hand is in the aggregate value of the cards determined by adding the total sum of each card. As mentioned before, all the face cards in the baccarat game are counted as 0. This also applies to 10 cards. Once an Aussie gambler is comfortable at counting baccarat cards, they need to understand the different baccarat strategies for different hands.
- Player: When the hand of the player’s 1st two cards has a total of six or more of value, the player must not draw an additional card. Alternatively, if the player’s 1st two cards are below 5 or amount to 5 when added, the player can draw one more card.
- Banker: When the hand of the banker’s 1st two cards has a total value of 7 or more, the banker must also ‘stand’. When the hand of the banker’s 1st two cards amount to 0, 1 or 2, the banker is permitted to draw an additional card. If the value is 3, 4, 5 or 6, and the player drew, the banker must also draw as well and vice-versa.
Australian Baccarat Online – An Overview of Baccarat | Glossary
When learning how to play baccarat in casino gambling sites, there are a few terms that players need to know in order to make educated bets. Here are frequently used terms that will help you become a professional baccarat gambler.
- Baccarat: This term references the name of the game and also used to refer to the worst hand in Baccarat when a player has a value of 0.
- Banker: A banker deputises for the casino in a baccarat game and represents one of two main players. The baccarat banker is the first hand as well
- Cut-card: This refers is a special card made out of plastic used for separating the deck of cards that have already been shuffled.
- Player: A baccarat player refers to the main opponent of the banker in the baccarat game and is the second hand dealt by the dealer.
- Shoe: The shoe is an automated machine that generates card in a baccarat game. It is usually found in land-based casino baccarat tables.
- Stand: This represents an option not to draw a card on your turn.