Payouts at Online Casinos
While online casinos certainly offer great convenience compared to land-based casinos, there is one thing that is even more important to players when they decide whether to gamble online or not. That is of course how much the casino pays out. Let’s face it, no matter how much you enjoy gambling, you still want to have the best chance of winning, so even if an online casino is more convenient, you’re not likely to spend much money at it if your local land-based casino pays out a lot more. We thought we’d look into this and tell you why you’re better off staying at home and gambling from the comfort of your own home, enjoying the best payout online casinos in Australia.
Top Payouts Online Casinos in Australia
Why are the payouts better at an online casino?
So now that we’ve told you that online casinos typically offer better payouts than a land-based casino, we suppose we should justify what we’ve said. While both land-based and online casinos offer the same basic things, you have to remember that online casinos are not limited by space. This means that they can offer hundreds of different games, something that even the largest land-based casinos would struggle to match.
Online casinos can also offer numerous different variations of a particular game, which could see a particular version offering better odds and payouts. Land-based casinos are also subject to local laws and regulations, which could affect the games you play. Roulette, for example, is different in North America, where there is an additional zero on the wheel. This sounds like a small change but significantly increases the house edge. Geographic location doesn’t matter to an online casino.
Finally, it is also considerably cheaper to run an online casino. There are smaller electricity bills and you don’t need to build or rent a large building. This all comes together to help ensure that the online casinos are definitely the winners when it comes to how much they pay out to players.
A closer look at the odds
So now that we know that an online casino is going to payout better than a land-based, let’s quickly take a closer look at some of the most popular games at an online casino and look at the house edge.
|Video Poker||Jacks or Better||0.46%|
|Roulette||European Roulette – Single Zero||2.70%|
|American Roulette – Double Zero||5.26%|
A closer look at the particular games
- Online Baccarat – Typically when you’re playing a game of Baccarat, if you bet on the banker you have a 1.36% edge over the house. Unfortunately for players, casinos aren’t in the business of just giving money away, so when you do this there is a 5% tax for betting on the banker. However, when you combine the tax with the edge gained from betting on the banker, you’re still left with a house advantage of 1.17%, making it more profitable to bet on the banker than the player.
- Online Blackjack – Typically when playing Blackjack in Las Vegas, dealers will be required to stand on a soft 17; while players can double any two cards and re-splits are allowed. Live Blackjack games also tend to use eight decks of cards to prevent card counting, while an online casino has the freedom to mix it up, with the number of decks used ranging between 1 and 8. Every extra deck that is added increases the house edge by around 0.02%, so if you play a game with only one deck, your odds are much better.
- Video Poker – Typically the house edge in online video poker, when playing Jacks or better, is just 0.46%. This is pretty good, but players do need to know what they’re doing to get these sorts of odds because online casinos offer numerous different versions. You can actually do better than 0.46%. Be sure to have a look at the table below this list to see the odds on some of the other poker versions.
- Online Roulette – As we mentioned, Roulette comes in two basic versions. One with a single zero and one with two zeros. The European version is the one with a single zero and is the one to go for over the American version. With a single zero, the house edge is 2.70%, while two zeros increase that to 5.26%. While adding an extra zero may not sound like it makes a huge difference, you can see the house edge dramatically increases.
- Online Pokies: There is such a huge variety of pokies out there we could never tell you the odds for each of them. The general rule of thumb is that the payout percentage for online slots is over 95%, which is higher than you’d typically find at a land-based casino. The odds vary from game to game, so we always recommend checking out the paytable before you choose your machine.
|Video Poker Game||Payout Ratio|
|Jacks or Better||99.54%|
|Double Joker Poker||99.96%|
|Aces and Faces||99.85%|
|Double Bonus Poker||100.17%|
Online Casino Payouts Conclusion
As we have shown, you really have to play at an online casino for the best odds of winning. Land-based casinos offer the atmosphere and a great experience, but for increasing your bank balance, online is where it’s at. The games are normally faster, your environment is quieter and the games are generally cheaper. Local laws don’t restrict what sort of games can be offered and players have more choice. All in all, online casinos are the best option if you want to get lucky and win big.