Over 200 new millionaires were created in Australia between 1 December 2016 and 30 November 2017, all thanks to the national lottery. Australian lottery provider, The Lott, today published a detailed report of Australia’s division one lotto winnings. Read on.
Top Australian Lotto States
Many Australians became lotto millionaires in the past twelve months in most parts of the country, according to The Lott’s latest hotspot release.
The Victorian State earned the title of Australia’s top lotto hotspot, selling a total of 141 division one winning tickets across all lottery games. The prize money for division one equated to more than $216 million.
However, Queensland recorded the most prize money won on division one with 105 winning entries equating to more than $303 million. In January, a private syndicate of 21 Queensland Government workers won $55 million in Powerball.
Australian Lotto Hotspots by Suburb
The research further reveals the suburbs where most division one winners were recorded and are as follows:
- Queensland: Springwood and Surfers Paradise/Runaway Bay and Bundall each sold four division one winning entries totalling to $27,497,085.80 and $1,406,025.18 respectively.
- New South Wales: Cabramatta also sold four division one winning tickets which totalled to $18,666,666.67.
- Australian Capital Territory: Gungahlin and Wanniassa each sold two division one winning entries totalling 2,666,666.67 and $1,282,121.14 respectively.
- Victoria: Mill Park also sold four division wins which totalled to $9,073,608.68.
- Tasmania: North parts of the state sold six division one winning tickets totalling $5,360,787.32.
- South Australia: Salisbury North / Paralowie sold three division one winning entries totalling $2,444,069.17.
- Northern Territory: Last but not least, Leanyer had the territory’s largest division one wins equating $3,333,333.34.
The Lott Spokesperson Speaks
The Spokesperson for The Lott, Elissa Lewis, said 237 millionaires were made in total. She says: “2017 will long be remembered by many as a year of big wins for lottery players across the country. From truck drivers to teachers, retirees to retail workers, each division one winner had a unique story to tell about what their windfall meant to them and their loved ones”.
“While it’s exciting to reveal where the most lotto wins occur, it’s important to remember that lottery games are entertaining games of chance and every number on your ticket has an equal chance of being drawn, no matter where you buy your ticket,” added Lewis.
The Lott’s next biggest jackpot draw is the $30 Million Megadraw taking place on 30 December 2017.