Sports Betting is used every single day and is one of the biggest manners of betting in Australia and the world. Whether you are a soccer fanatic or bet on your lucky horse, Casino Australia will help you find your perfect fit. Sports’ gambling is becoming more popular day by day with Australian gamblers. The convenience of not having to physically go and place a bet at a betting station has made sports betting online much easier and more used. There are some measures that you must take prior to betting online. You will have to make sure that the website you use is 100% legitimate.
Top Online SportsBookers in 2016
Popular Sports in Australia for Sports Betting
Football Betting in Australia
Football betting comes in two major forms:
- Australian Football – also known as Aussie Rules, Football or Footy
- Football – also known as soccer
Australian football is a much loved contact sport native to our sunny home shores. It is similar to American football however, the rules are slightly different. There are two major separating factors between American and Australian Football. First off there are eighteen players a side in Footy. Secondly, unlike the Americans, the Aussie athletes wear no sort of padding on the shoulders or helmets. This is a full contact sport so be prepared to wager on some gory tackles of note!
Football is the international term used to describe the sport soccer. There are a huge number of tournaments to wager on in football whether you’re an Aussie or international punter. A few of the
biggest leagues include:
- The UEFA Champions league
- The Barclays Premier League
- La Liga
- USL Pro
Sports Betting on Golf for Aussie Fans
Golf betting is a fun pass time for any fan of the sport. This type of sports bet is split into two major possibilities for betting opportunities:
- Bet on which player will actually win the tournament in question
- Bet on markets; where players will place in finishing positions, who will make or miss the cut etc.
As golf is one of the older games in existence, there are a number of noteworthy tournaments at which you will be able to place your sportsbook. Namely, you will be able to wager on events such as:
- The Ryder Cup
- The US Open
- The PGA Championship
Golf betting is a hobby growing rapidly within Australia. Therefore, be sure to look out for the various online casinos offering you the option of doubling as a sportsbooker should you so wish.
Horse Race Sportsbookers
Horse Racing is a time old practice which has been around for thousands of years. From chariot racing in ancient Rome, to the jockey based sprints we know today, horse racing has been a part of society for millennia now. Although being in existence for an age, understanding horse racing bets can be a tricky thing at the best of times. There are a number of various bets you can wager, as well as the need to understand the odds which are either stacked against you or I your favour. Here are a few of the most common types of racing bets you can make:
- Win – this refers to the bet placed on the horse you think will win
- Place – this bet is won if the horse you bet on places in first or second
- Show – the horse you wagered on will place in first, second or third position
- Exacta – this wager allows you to place your bet on two horses for first and second, but in order to win, the horses will need to place as you predicted
- Exacta Box – an Exacta Box bet is another bet made on two horses for first and second, however, they can place in any order (you do not need to stipulate which one will come first and second)
Tennis Bets for Aussie Fans
Tennis betting is a great way for observers to raise the stakes on a tennis match. There are a number of heated tournaments in which Aussie fans can wager including:
- The American Open
- The French Open
Tennis is a much loved pass time for Australian gamblers as the sport is both riveting and lucrative if you wager correctly. Tennis betting is a fun pass time for all to enjoy so be sure to take a look at a few of the online casinos who offer sports betting to see where you can place your tennis bets today!
Types of Sports Betting in Australia
There are two types of odds formats in online gambling, Decimal, and American odds.There are more than 1000 Sports betting websites on the internet today. When choosing a good website to bet on there are factors like perks, overnight odds, longevity, financial stability, fast payouts and, most important, high limits. “Sports betting is the activity of predicting sports results and placing a wager on the outcome. It is generally considered to be a form of gambling.”
The Basics of Online Sports Betting in Australia
- Decimal Style Odds:
This is a numerical representation of the potential return of a bet. It includes the stake amount. This is extremely easy to work out. The ‘potential’ return of Decimal Odds is calculated by multiplying the amount the better’ wants to bet by the Decimal Odds offered.
Decimal Odds explained: if you bet $100 on Barcelona, your potential return would be $188.50.
Odds x stale i.e. 1.885 X$100 = $188.50
I you placed $100 on Real Madrid the potential return would be $485.
4.80 X $100 = $485
– American Style Odds.
The match winner = Money Line.
You can bet $11 on Rafael Nadal at – 108, your potential profit will be $10.20
When betting on the money line, the favourite will always have a negative symbol in front of the number and the underdog will always have a plus sign in front of it (an example is -150 favourite or +150 for underdog).
How to Perform Sports Betting Online
First and foremost, you will need to set up an online account with one of the above mentioned online bookies. You can rest assured that all of the above mentioned sites have been thoroughly reviewed by the team at Casino Australian so you are guaranteed to be in good hands. Starting an online sports betting account will not take you long at all. All you will need to do is sign up at the bookie of your choice is visit their website, enter a few of your personal details such as your name, your chosen alias or nickname for the site which will also double as your username, your address and so on. You will then also need to select a password and before you know it, you will have access to your very own punter account!
Once you have successfully signed up to your chosen online bookie, you will be able to deposit into your account and start punting. Generally, you will be able to make your withdrawals and deposits in the same methods you would usually use for your online casino accounts. Theses include:
Getting your online sports betting account started could not be simpler if you follow the above guidelines!
How to Make Online Sports Bets
Betting is very simple, most online sports betting websites don’t overcomplicate issues and make your experience comfortable.
- Choose your game (Tennis, Football, Cricket…etc) for this example we will use Soccer.
- Choose your League (FA Cup, Barclays Premier League…etc) we will use the FA Cup.
- Choose your game.
- Choose the casino and currency you want to use (In this case AU$ can be used for Aussie players)
- You can bet on :
- Full time Result
- Double Chance
- To Qualify
- Correct Score
- Half Time/Full Time
- Half Time/Full Time Full Score
- Goals Over/Under
- Draw No Bet
- Result/Both Teams to Score
Is Online Sports Betting Legal in Australia?
Sports Betting, both online and land based, is most certainly legal within Australia. There may be various rules enforced on the respective bookies, but for all avid and novice punters alike, placing your wagers on your favourite team is not against the law. The sports betting licensing laws vary from Australian state to state, however you will be able to place your bets online no matter where you find yourself.
General Terms: Get Down With the Online Sports Betting Lingo
- The Spread: This gives one team an advantage of a few points and is specifically aimed at sports such as football and basketball
- Juice: The profit the bookie makes through the percentage he takes off the bet
- Handicap: Giving a team a points advantage, this evens things out
- Handle: Your overall amount wagered on bets
- Action: This is the betting that happens
Three forms of regular betting:
- The Money line: Betting on who will win outright, with no variables or point spreads. Betters simply pick the team they think is going to win and place a bet.
- Point Spread: This is the most common type of bet. Betters wager on the difference in score between the two teams playing.
- Over/Under: Also known as the total score. This line bets on whether or not the total score between all competitors will go above or below a predetermined amount.
GET AU$32 FOR EVERY AU$20 DEPOSITED
AU$300 FREE + 100 FREE SPINS
200% BONUS UP TO AU$450